As a business owner, your intellectual property is among your greatest assets. Ensure your IP rights are protected from the competition or unruly employees. Fauri Law can help.
Technology Licensing Agreements
Whether you are purchasing or licensing your technology, we help businesses and professionals protect their interests. We’re positioned to help our clients with the following agreements:
- Software Licence Agreement
- Confidentiality and Proprietary Rights (IP) Agreement
- SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS licensing agreements
- Software development agreements
- Technology assignment agreement
From drafting the agreement to negotiating terms, we can meet whatever your needs may be. If you’re involved in or contemplating a merger or acquisition, we can help you protect your intellectual property rights.
Protection of Your Technology and IP Rights
If you are running a tech company and maybe IP is the most valuable asset, then you want to make sure that your IP is protected. Moreover, prospective investors will invest only in companies that clearly own their IP.
One way to protect against someone else who inadvertently owns part of your IP is to adopt a standard form agreement that can be signed by anyone involved in the project: founders, employees and contractors alike.
For more information, read our blog about the types of IP agreements that startup founders should sign at the outset of their business journey.
Start Building Your Documents Now
Let’s build your Software License Agreement or Confidentiality and Proprietary Rights (IP Agreement). Visit our FL Dr@ft™ Document Automation section of the FLConnect membership to get started today.
We help businesses thrive by making sure their IP rights are fully protected. Whether you’re a small start-up or a spin-off of a larger entity, Fauri Law can meet your IP and tech law needs. Talk to us to discuss your needs and learn how we can put our experience to work for you and help your business thrive.
Recent transactions include representing:
- Meridian Credit Union, a leading financial institution in Toronto, in a share subscription transaction in FinTech Startup that includes legal due diligence, software licensing, drafting of transactional documents and securities law compliance on matters such as private issuer and exemptions from prospectus.
- Motusbank, a federally chartered online bank in Toronto, in standardizing the the terms and conditions of the bank’s cloud-based services, including Saas agreements, software licensing agreements, click-wrap agreements, and other technology-related agreements for the use of the bank’s online users.
- Fincantieri, the largest naval shipbuilding group in the world, in naval ship IP design agreements, transfer of technology and licensing agreements negotiated and signed with several armed forces in the Middle East region to protect Fincantiari’s intellectual property rights.
- Eagle Hills, a leading real estate developer, in several hotels operation agreements with Marriott Inc to license the operation of several 5 stars hotels and resorts in the Middle east region including St. Regis Hotel and residences, W Hotel & Residences and Westin Hotel.
- National Holding, in the acquisition by a German firm (Knauf) to 51% stake in National Holding’s subsidiary, which include core technology licensing agreement, sub-licensing agreement and other IP-related agreements as part of the M&A transaction.
- National Holding in the setup, design and construction of Greenfield cable factory in Algeria. This involved IP licensing agreement for operating the factory and factory’s equipment and branding of end-products.